3DS Nintendo Direct Highlights
Nintendo held a new Nintendo Direct this morning, this time focusing on the Nintendo 3DS handheld. The video was filled with some great news and even better games to look forward to. Here are some of the highlights so you can skip the boring parts:
Mario & Luigi Dream Team -
- The colorful duo is back once again to save Princess Peach, no surprises there. This time Mario will step into Luigi’s dreams. All of which seem to be pretty crazy.
- Dream Team will be released on August 11th.
Mario Golf: World Tour -
- The whole Mario gang will make an appearance for golf once again. Players will be able to compete with their friends and fellow gamers around the world via wireless multiplayer. Community features will make finding the perfect opponent a breeze.
- World Tour will be released sometime this summer.
Mario Party 3DS -
- The party continues on the handheld. Mario Party will feature a “tremendous variety” of mini-games. Some of these games will include the use of AR cards.
- Mario Party 3DS will be released Winter 2013.
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D -
- Promised to be more than just a port of the Wii title. Nintendo has redone the game specifically for the 3DS. New lower difficulty, new items, and new worlds with eight new levels available after completing the main game.
Yoshi’s Island 3DS -
- The first new game in the Yoshi’s Island series since 2006. Nintendo showed a short trailer of baby Mario riding Yoshi through a few levels. Other than that very little is known at this time.
Bravely Default -
- The hit Japanese RPG by Square Enix will finally come to the United States. The game will have a big focus on the AR side of the 3DS.
- Bravely Default will be released sometime in 2014.
Animal Crossing: New Leaf 3DS XL Bundle -
- A specially designed 3DS XL featuring a unique cover based off the Animal Crossing series. The bundle will come with New Leaf pre-installed.
- The bundle will cost $220 in North America.
- A sequel to The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past was announced for 3DS. No official title has been named yet. The game will viewed in a top down perspective but Link will be able to transform into a drawing on the walls to move around.
- The new Zelda title will be released this holiday season 2013.
Shin Megami Tensei IV -
- Release date announced – July 16th
Professor Layton series -
- Nintendo announced a new game to the series to be released sometime in 2014 on 3DS.
Quite a bit of news for some big series on the 3DS. Handheld gamers definitely have something to look forward to for the rest of the year and into next year as well.
Nintendo Direct 4/17/2013