Infinity Ward Confirms Call of Duty: Ghosts Minimum Specs
Developer Infinity Ward has confirmed the minimum specifications for the upcoming PC version of Call of Duty: Ghosts. Even for the minimum the game will tax many systems.
Earlier this month graphics card maker Nvidia posted a set of minimum and recommended specifications, Infinity Ward’s final PC specifications are a little different from those. Nvidia stated the game would need a massive 50GB install for Ghosts, the reality is a little lower, but nonetheless massive. 40GB of hard drive space will be required to install the game.
Infinity Ward did confirm Call of Duty: Ghosts will require 6GB of RAM and 64-bit OS in order to play at minimum, however.
Official Minimum Specifications:
- OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Windows 8 64-Bit
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHZ / AMD Phenom X3 8750 2.4 GHZ or better
- Memory: 6 GB RAM
- Hard Disk Space: 40GB
- Video: Nvidia GeForce GTS 450 / ATI Radeon HD 5870 or better
- Sound: DirectX compatible sound card
- DirectX: DirectX 11
- Internet: Broadband Internet connection for Steam and Online Multiplayer
As I said before, the game is a beast and will most likely tax many gamer’s PCs. I know it will certainly make mine look like a child’s toy.
Call of Duty: Ghosts will launch on PC, PlayStation 3, Wii U, and Xbox 360 on November 5th. PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions will launch alongside the consoles.
Source: CoD Community