The Last of Us takes G.O.T.Y. Crown
The Academy of Interactive Arts held The 17th Annual D.I.C.E. Awards at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas this week, and it announced its spirited catalog of award-winning games from 2013.
Naughty Dog’s The Last of Us triumphantly climbed through the competition and managed to grab a whopping 10 awards, including the Game of the Year.
Below is a list of the awards that The Last of Us won:
- Game of the Year
- Outstanding Achievement in Sound Design
- Outstanding Achievement in Story
- Outstanding Character Performance – Ellie
- Outstanding Innovation in Gaming
- Outstanding Achievement in Animation
- Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction
- Outstanding Achievement in Visual Engineering
- Adventure Game of the Year
- Outstanding Achievement in Game Direction
The annual D.I.C.E. awards is an event that is regarded as the Oscars of gaming. And this is not the first time that Naughty Dog swept through the D.I.C.E. awards. You may recall back in 2010, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves conquered the ceremony, winning 10 awards.