Naval Strike Out Today For Most, New Battelog Update
All systems, except the PC, will receive access to the next expansion for Battlefield 4, Naval Strike, which is available a couple of weeks early for Premium subscribers. This is the third expansion for DICE’s first-person shooter, focusing on naval combat more than anything else.
A 4.3 GB download awaits those on the PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One today. Non-Premium users will need to wait until April 8th to pay $14.99 for the content and gain access to its new maps, game mode, and weapons.
Battlefield 4‘s social tracking service, Battlelog, has also received a new update to prepare for the release of the Naval Strike expansion. These changes are as follows:
- Battlelog now supports the Naval Strike expansion pack for Battlefield 4. The content will be enabled as the release is rolled out on the various platforms.
- The video background has now been enabled by default; you can turn it off for specific computers by going to Settings
- Carrier Assault will not display scores in Live Scoreboard and BattleScreen; this will be fixed with the next Battlelog update in 2 weeks
Features & Improvements
- Added a new background and video background to celebrate the release of Naval Strike
- Added a refresh button to all the Multiplayer pages (except for Play Now), including Favorites and History
- 15 new ranks have been added to Platoons, so you can now reach rank 25 with your Platoon
- Console Rent-a-Server owners (once released for the respective platform) can now upload their server banner image on Battlelog
- The Battle Reports dropdown in the header now shows the platform that the round was played on.
- You can now see Gadgets on the Unlocks -> Weapons page
- You can now see if items are unlocked by Premium or Battlepacks on the Stats -> Weapons and Unlocks -> Weapons pages
- You will now see a confirmation prompt when trying to leave a Platoon; for the original founder, the button will now instead say “Disband” and will also see a confirmation prompt when trying to disband the Platoon.
- Various pixels pushed for better looks and alignment on the Server Info page
- Various minor improvements and tweaks
- No longer possible to equip AA mines alongside rocket launchers in Loadout
- Fixed an issue where code would be written to chats under some circumstances
- Fixed an issue where the new player experience flow would show on every login for some console players
- Fixed an issue with Platoon feed sticky posts that weren’t set correctly; the page will now also instantly update to reflect the change
- Fixed an issue with the details box on Unlocks -> Vehicles, where it would sometimes overlap the footer
- Fixed some emblem shapes default colors, that were shown as black instead of white
- Various fixes for the unlock requirements shown in Loadout, which wasn’t always correctly set
- Fixed an issue on launching, when using the Tablet Commander app with a non-ranked soldier
- Fixed an issue where some emblem shapes weren’t always named correctly when opening Battlepacks
- Various pixels pushed on the Missions page to better accomodate for long user names and scores in the nemesis sections
- Fixed an issue where the UCAV was listed twice in the list of vehicles for Soldier Equipment
- Fixed an issue with the expansion pack icon not showing correctly for items in Loadout, if they had the “cannot equip” style
- Various minor fixes
Naval Strike will feature four new multiplayer maps:
- Lost Islands
- Nansha Strike
- Wave Breaker
- Operation Mortar
Five new weapons:
- SW40 Magnum
- AWS Machine Gun
- SR33B Sniper Rifle
- AR160 Assault Rifle
- SR-2 PDW
- AA Mine
- M320 3GL
New game mode:
- Carrier Assault
And, finally, 10 new assignments and unlocks.