Just a few days ago it was reported that Nintendo was going to release an update to fix the slow operating system load times for the Wii U. This “confirmation” was not true, but instead turned out to be a translation error. There is currently no update being worked on for that purpose.
Most users don’t find the load times to be incredibly long and painful, although they are not extremely fast either. It is just a matter of how patient you can be while it is loading up.
Just because it was a translation error doesn’t mean Nintendo isn’t working on a solution. A quick update would be nice however.
Engadget translation Update:
Nintendo’s PR people have been in touch and we’ve had one of our bilingual editors take a look at the video. Unfortunately, something was lost in translation and our source was mistaken — the update in question is for Dragon Quest X, not the Wii U system.
Japanese Nintendo Direct:
A mini, game-specific DQX Nintendo Direct was just posted showing off version 1.2.
- Wii U beta starts in February
- Use the voucher from the Premium/Monster Hunter Set
- Registration details to be announced
- Update 1.2 coming in December
- Magic Labyrinth to be added
- Layout changes each time your party enters the labyrinth.
- Party auto-matching = quick starts
- Rare treasure from boss
- New jobs: magic warrior, superstar
- Level limit upped to 60
- Newly-reincarnated monsters
- Mystery item drawings, dress-up
- Carpentry, sewing, item crafting, furniture production introduced
- New home items
- Friend invite campaign through 1/15
- 3DS “Battle While Out” app releasing for 600 yen
- Can earn items for the online game
- Dragon Quest X Wii players can upgrade to the Wii U game at half-price
- Details regarding this will be on the homepage